Saturday 7 April 2012

Herb alert!

Having no children or pets I've placed all my nurturing instincts into my little balcony herb garden. And like children, they have grown a bit wild and I've had to move them around so some of them don't kill their brothers and sisters. 

OK, my analogy has gone awry but basically my mint plant is going insane in its big pot and I've had to move it to a separate one to control it a bit better. My basil is going nuts too and I've got an over supply. 
There's only so much spaghetti I could make!

I've also added to my family with a trip to Bunnings (or as I like to think of it as, the herb adoption centre) and bought some coriander, sage and parsley. As usual I watered them in with some seaweed concentrate after I moved them to reduce 'transplantation stress'. Grow little ones, grow!
My mint is a monster of a plant - it just keeps wanting to overrun its chive brother. 

1 comment: