Tuesday 6 March 2012

Something old, something new

My mum is a hobby hoarder. She's not bad enough to qualify for the aptly named show 'Hoarders' but she does like to keep things for a minimum of 20 years before she even considers throwing it out. 

The other day she gave me this playsuit she had bought a decade ago which is an unfinished factory second. It was a simple matter of putting in some buttonholes/buttons and a nice collar. Bob's your uncle - new playsuit.
From this...

...to this!




I also added a triple collar (I stole the idea from an old Dahlia playsuit I liked). I made a paper template of the three pieces in the collar just to make sure all the pieces fit well together. It's also kind of cool because its actually got shorts with an overlying skirt. Perfect for bike riding, to protect one's modesty. Thanks mum!

1 comment: