Tuesday 24 January 2012

Break fast with a breakfast cup!

So as a tea enthusiast (geeky I know), nothing starts the morning off like a nice steaming cup of black tea with a smidgen of milk. However I'm a one pour kind of girl and I'd like my cup to hold  all the tea I will need that morning. Hence my dilemma because the average teacup holds around 200ml which really doesn't cut it. Sure I could get a large mug which will do the job but they're so heavy and as a purist I really prefer the traditional teacup shape. The breakfast cup is the perfect solution to this, round, holds 300ml. And if you get one in fine bone china as opposed to regular pocelain, it's quite light. The search begins.


Rhubarb do nice, affordable porcelain cups with cute prints and I found a nice large one a few years ago from David Jones for around $20. Sadly, this one got a crack in it after frequent use. I have their regular sized ones as well but find them too small and now I can't the large one anywhere.


Bodhum have funky clear glass cups that are double layered to provide insulation so you can hold your hot liquids with ease. Your friends will marvel at the fact that you can see the outline of the tea! However the bodhum ones are  expensive, a bit fragile, slippery and small. 


I found this beauty at the Oriental Teahouse on a Melbourne trip, beautiful and convenient in the fact that you don't need a teapot because it houses it's owner filter. However the holes are a bit large for black tea so more just suited if you're wanting the leafy teas.Also it's a bit narrow which makes it hard to wash.


After months of searching I found the perfect teacup. This Roy Kirkham Garden Birds breakfast cup holds a satisfying 300ml. Has a lovely shape to it. Appears sturdy enough but is very light. I found it on etsy for around $40 (including postage). Now to sit back and relax.




No comments:

Post a Comment