Wednesday 22 August 2012

Work/life balance

It's hard for me to fit time to sew around work. I work 8 hours a day at a Vet clinic then get home and all I want to do is sew. I sew for around 5 hours a day when I'm not eating, working or sleeping. I truly love it and time goes by so quickly when I'm in that creative zone. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Vet and going to a place where I can cuddle animals all day and make a positive impact on an animal's life. So how do I find the balance between the two?

At the moment I'm trying to balance being a Vet and doing my feline medicine course and squeezing in a lot of sewing around it. But I'm neglecting my studies a bit because when I get home from work, I REALLY don't feel like doing more Vet work. As a clear sign of defiance I've made the following two tops in the past  two weeks when I really should be doing my assignment. 






Last night I dreamt I was in the middle of a maths exam and all my nails were rotting off. I think the stress of trying to fit everything is getting to me and I have to cut back on something and sadly I'm thinking its the sewing. It's upsetting to think about it but until the assignment is done...I'm going to have to unplug the sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. NNOOOOOOOO! You've got a cat-lion suit to sew! Jilly

    ReplyDelete