Wednesday 4 July 2012

Where the wild things were

Kevin and I are kind of homebodies. We're both born in July making us both Cancers. Known for being domestic goddesses we like hanging out at home, making a yummy dinner together and just enjoying being in each others general area even if we're doing separate things. However, it is nice to get out and about every now and then and especially when we get invited to a cool dress up party in Surry Hills .

The theme was 'where the wild things are' and I, being the organised person that I am, planned my Carole outfit a few days ahead. I got some old orange and red towels together and made a jumper and got materials together for the head bits. As opposed to Kevin who 4 hours before the party was still struggling to come up with a single iota of a costume. 

Kevin's definitely creative but sadly not in a crafty way so he enlisted my help. After trying on one of my jackets turned inside out so that the furry bit was on the outside I figured it would be easier to give Kevin my costume and wear the jacket myself and come up with a 'Max' outfit quick smart (sigh).

We had an old wig Kevin had from when he went as 'Antoine Dodson' or better known as the 'hide your kids, hide your wife' dude. I sewed on some horns and he painted a face mask.



As for myself, now stuck at square one again, I made some ears from some white fabric and whiskers from some jewellery wire and covered it in black duct tape and sewed them into the hood of my jacket and painted a crown and made a little scepter all in a span of 2 hours. The tail was just some furry fabric I had lying around.

The party was great fun though we found that perhaps we made TOO much effort and were the only ones that were actually in costume. That's alright, we still had a blast making our costumes together and I think we made a lot out of the little materials we had. Go us!


No comments:

Post a Comment