Tuesday 17 July 2012

Ruminations of an almost 27 year old

My birthday is in 2 days time and now is that time of year where I start to get a bit philosophical  and reflect on what I've achieved as a 26 year old. 

Every year, your priorities shift, you lose a lot of 'life clutter' and you really begin to focus on who and what things are truly important to you. Slowly but surely, you become an 'adult' yet for me it's not in the usual let's get married, have 2.5 kids and buy a house (though that's not to say that time will not come).

I'd like to think that a year from now I'd be doing something completely different, whether it be travelling or at a new job or city. I think the past year has been really good to me, I've:
- Started regularly exercising and finished a running event.

- Improved my cooking skills and have included a lot of fresh food into my diet.

- Stopped shopping altogether and am in the process of getting rid of all my material goods and saved lots of money so I....

- Made the leap of faith and will be leaving the country for a round the world trip in 2013.

- Improved my sewing skills and will be hopefully having a wardrobe mostly of my own making. 

- Started studying again and feeling more invested and interested as a Vet.

- Started this blog so I can share my experiences and improve my writing skills. 

I'd like to think that you should be a better person than the person you were yesterday, just picking up a new skill or just being nicer or more patient. Today I woke up and just felt really great, I jogged to Bronte beach and running along the cliffs is just so uplifting. I'm looking forward to the rest of today and to turning 27. Who knows what the future holds...can't wait!

View from Clovelly cliffs


No comments:

Post a Comment