Wednesday 19 December 2012

Day At Glebe Markets

So we had our second market stall ever last Saturday and boy was it an adventure! Since applying for Bondi markets and getting rejected due to an over abundance of applicants (Christmas rush), we found out that Glebe had some spaces but it was advised to get there at 6am in order to bags a spot. 



This time my lovely, incredibly talented and always inspiring friend Tina was joining us with her all her market expertise. Due to the earliness we decided it was best to all sleep over at my place and we'll drive there together in the morning. It was like a girly sleepover party but less talk about boys and more about price points. Sounds fun yeah? It was! 


So we got up at the ungodly hour of 4am, had breaky and was in line at 5.30am. Even then we were 7th in the line. After 3 agonising, mosquito bitten hours in line we secured our spot. I also have to mention this AWESOME french bakery right next to the Glebe markets that do the most amazing pastries I have ever had. ZOMG. Do the capitals emphasise how yummo they were? 

It was perfect market weather - cloudy, warmish, no wind. Lots and lots of people were out and about doing some Christmas shopping and stopping by and having a look at our stuff. We all got really positive feedback and I had the most adorable group of teenage girls all chip in to buy their friend one of my terrarium necklaces. I told them they reminded me of the babysitter's club but I think they were too young for the reference (gosh I'm old).

My terrarium necklaces were a big hit and considering I was selling them pretty cheaply ($20 each or two for $30) it meant that I made up for the cost of materials and was now in pure profit. Each time I'm at the markets I've learnt so much and this second time round was such a great improvement to the first. Looking forward to the third. It was also lovely to know that more and more people share my love for terrariums.


No comments:

Post a Comment